Thursday, July 7, 2011

Good Morning!

It's been a busy day already and it's only 11am. DD#1 decided to wake up at 4am this morning, wanting to come downstairs and play. I thought perhaps she would go back to sleep when she crawled into bed with Daddy, but alas she didn't. Nor did she go back to sleep when I went upstairs and took her back to her bed. So I have been up since then. Thankfully she went back to sleep around 7am, but by then I had drank a cup of coffee (or two) and was wide awake.(I'm probably going to pay later for letting her sleep in till now as well, but.......god it's so quiet!) So I've been playing on the computer. I paid all our bills, which wasn't nearly as depressing as it used to be (Yay for the DH's promotion!). I've decided to try and do something I haven't in a while, which is keep a paper ledger. I.hate.balancing.a.checkbook. It has always been so much more convenient to check the bank account online for my daily balance. But more money in the bank, means more spending and it takes our bank a literal forever to post a transaction. And while we may be experiencing a substantial increase of pay, I don't really feel like paying it to my bank in overdraft fees.

For the first time in my life, I paid for an antivirus program this morning as well. I am LOVING my new laptop, and quite frankly am tired of the gradual descent into bogdowndom that every computer I have ever owned has inevitably suffered.(And I just couldn't wrap my head around paying so much for a MacBook, which are apparently lifetime-virus-free) While I am not entirely convinced relying on free antivirus protection is to blame, it certainly can't help it much. So for the first time in 10 years, I'm giving Norton a shot again. It came pre-installed on this bad boy, so I might as well use it, right? If it starts giving me fits though, it's the first to get the boot and back to AVG I will gladly go!

I finally got to see Toy Story 3 this week. Such a cute movie! Even after watching it 700 times in three days, it's still enjoyable. And now our Toy Story collection is complete! Even though the first two are about due to be replaced since they are both original copies! I'm hoping DD#1 will let me watch Tangled sometime this week. She has been rather set in her ways and unwilling to compromise with the DVD selecting, regardless of the fact that I'm pretty sure she will enjoy it immensely as well.

Anyhow, I do believe I have rambled on long enough! Perhaps I will be back later today with more fun news, but the babies are stiring and need attention!

1 comment:

  1. I keep my checkbook in excel. My dad set it up for me in high school where I just type my expenses in one column and deposits in another..and it does the math for me. :) SO much easier than trying to keep up with the numbers myself! haha!

    Tangled is SOO cute! My 4 year old daughter LOVES it! In fact she loves it so much that's what she wanted the theme of her bday to be. My son also likes it too...he wanted the flynn rider barbie doll for his birthday..haha!

    ReplyDelete