Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Some Quiet Time

The girls are back on a no sleep routine, so I've been keeping my days as lazy as possible. Little M loves to make a bee line for the computer whenever I lift the screen, so instead of fighting her prying fingers and growing my frustration, I've just been letting things sit. It's also been my "time of the month" which leads to such severe cramping, it gift to move off the couch for a few days. I can't even find time to edit my pictures, or scrap. I don't see myself jumping on the Project 52 bandwagon anytime soon. So, if it can't be done with my phone, I haven't been doing much. I have been trying to take more pictures with my phone. I go a few days where I slack in my mamarazzi duties, and forget to turn on the big camera, so I went searching for a fun camera app for my Android phone. No instagram here, but I did find Lightbox. I don't know what features instagram has, but I've been having a lot of fun with Lightbox. I love the Sahara filter! I've gotten a lot of great pictures, and as soon as I get a chance I might post some here in the blog. With my lightbox account, it makes like a little photo journal, which is pretty cool. And I can always share in Facebook right from the app. At least now all the little moments I would miss scrambling for my main camera, I can capture and edit with my phone. If you haven't tried it out, you should!

Big A is slowly getting back on track with the potty training, finally. She took a two month break, after almost being completely trained by Halloween. It was driving me crazy. We had plenty a loud battles over it. Bribing wasn't working, nor sweet talking. She was completely unphased by me just putting panties on her, and letting her wet herself. I was so tired of cleaning up pee. I finally just took candy away from her and told her in order to get another piece (including all her Christmas kisses and reeses) she had to potty. I figured it would either end her candy habit or she would start using the potty again. For a couple of days, she still didn't care and I thought my plan had backfired...but then she would randomly test me by asking for candy.

"No, go to the potty"

"No, I not want to" she would say. Surprisingly she never protested to much when I still said no. And then randomly she would potty and exclaim " I have piece of candy now!"
Well we are on day two of almost nothing but potty, so I'm crossing our fingers she doesn't backslide when we start getting serious about moving.

This last rotation of hubby's days off have been exceptionally lazy. I washed some clothes and got groceries. But that's as productive as we got. We did, however, make red velvet cake balls, bbq chicken nachos, and homemade reeses cups (here). We did a little shoppong, too, and I was able to find an awesome pair of purple pants and a grey stripped shirt at Target for $10 total. I'm in search of clothes that don't make me look like a shapeless blob, but are also cheap since I plan on loosing weight.....soon. I also found the skirt for our Elf on Shelf we will hopefully get next year, for $1 at Barnes and Noble! I'm not a huge fan of Barnes and Noble (long story) so the less I spend in there when we go, the better. Maybe one day, I'll get over my grudge. We used to have a beautiful relationship.....

I took a few minutes the other night to start sorting my digifiles again. Before I went to crazy, I dug out the external and backed up our pictures and my scrapping files. I think I might ditch my current system and try and slim it down, again. Heck, I still have files in huge bulk folders that still need to be grouped by kit. Another huge project to work on!

Anyhow, it's taken me days to write this (so sorry if it seems a bit disjointed!) so I'm going to stop rambling for now and get something productive done!


No comments:

Post a Comment